Zeiger Elementary School
13008 94th Avenue East
Puyallup, WA 98373
Zeiger Elementary School was opened in 1996 and is located on South Hill, west of Meridian Street South and south of 128th Street East. The project architect was Burr Lawrence Rising+Bates of Tacoma, Washington, and the general contractor was Neeley Construction of Puyallup, Washington. Zeiger Elementary School was a state matched project with the local funding coming from the 1991 Bond Issue.
The school was named in honor of Mr. C. Edward Zeiger. Mr. Zeiger began his career in education as a fifth and sixth grade teacher at Maplewood Elementary School in 1952. In 1958, Ed moved to Firgrove Elementary School where he served as the principal and taught in grades five/six. Mr. Zeiger opened three new Puyallup School District schools as their principal. Ed retired in 1994 after 43 years of service to the district. The education specifications for the permanent building were designed to have a total of 18 general-use classrooms, two (2) kindergarten rooms, three (3) special education classrooms and a number of smaller specialty instructional spaces. In addition, the school has one (1) of the district's prototype play sheds. In 2012, the building received a Building Assessment Score of 86, compared to a districtwide rating average of 76.4. Zeiger Elementary will be eligible for state matching funds for modernization or new construction in lieu of modernization in the year 2026.